Historically, property management was something you could do on the side. Often with very little attention or legal knowledge. However, in the last decade, the industry has changed so dramatically. It can no longer be a simple hobby. Owners and Residents alike demand professional attention and expertise, so you may be asking yourself- why am I still doing this? Is it time to hire a professional?
- Are you willing and able to keep up with constant changes to legislation?
- Can you offer virtual tours if necessary?
- Are you willing and able to offer online rent payments?
- Are you confident in your lease paperwork and update it annually?
- Do you fully understand rent deferment and payback periods?
- If a resident stops paying rent do you know what to do?
- Current understanding of the eviction moratorium or state of emergency situations?
- Do you have extra time to spend on managing your property?
- Who will you call to consult with or the ability to handle a small claims lawsuit?
- Do you really want to be managing property?
If you answered NO to any of the questions you should investigate hiring a Professional Management Company.
FBS has been San Diego’s leading Property Management Organization for almost 50 years. We offer 24/7 leasing services, open communication, monthly financial accountability and industry expertise for our clients. We recognize that resident turnover, prolonged vacancy and uncollected rent are problems you need us to solve. You also need us to protect you and your investment against the personal financial liability surrounding fair housing laws, landlord-tenant regulations and eviction procedures. We have specialized in small property management by employing experienced people, modern systems and most importantly providing quality customer service to our clients and customers.
If you are tired of doing it yourself and know that it is time to hand it over to the professionals- we can help. Call us, and the FBS team can take it from here! Or visit: https://fbs-pm.com/rental-owner-services/