In a hot market, you may think your marketing does not matter as much. But it does matter, and you will want to make sure you don’t make these common marketing mistakes:
- Pricing to High or Pricing to Low
- Making Fair Housing Violations- Treat everyone the same!
- Advertising too far in Advance
- Advertising a home that is not ready to show or move in.
- Using old pictures
- Choosing not to paint, clean, or update the home before posting.
- Refusing to use social media
- Not having a video
- If you don’t respond ASAP to prospects
- Not leaving it to the professionals to handle
Prospective residents have extraordinarily little patience for your marketing mistakes, lack of skill or knowledge. Think about the above before you post. The days of just getting the property online are over. It needs to be clean, crisp, and attractive. The advertisement and the home. This initial marketing can and does set the tone for the whole relationship. How you write your ad and the picture you choose show the prospect how much you care and how you will treat them.
Before posting, insure your property is presentable for showings, you know the neighborhood and are highlighting that in the ad. Always be constantly updating your ad. New pictures, marketing title and description can help. Consider posting flyers in the neighborhood. Make sure your landscape is nice- curb appeal matters.
Always remember that your rental property is a business, not a hobby. It deserves to be treated as such, if not by you then hire a professional property manager who can make the most of your investment!