Knowing how to market your rental property is something that can be left to the professionals or learned with a few of the following tips:
Steps to success:
- A clean slate: unless your home is professionally staged an empty home leaves your prospective tenants with the ability to imagine making this space their own!
- Turn on every light, both inside and outside of the home.
- Set the ceiling fans on low for movement and the blinds down and open for extra natural light.
- When using your iPhone, turn your camera on the 13mm lens, or the 0.5x. This is essential for successful marketing photos/videos. You can find examples below of what the normal lens and the 13mm looks like.
- Don’t be afraid to try all angles! Try some different options and see what showcases the room the best!
- Editing is essential! You can really brighten up a photo with the simple features on your iPhone. See the YouTube videos below for a screen capture of an easy way to brighten up your photos and catch the attention of your prospective tenants!
- Everything in the above list carries over and some of these you can add to your marketing photos also.
- Important: When doing your video do everything you can to avoid catching yourself in the mirrors or shadows. Remember to showcase the home and avoid any distracting elements.
- Do you best to do a walk through and video the whole home. If you can take the video how you would be your showing it will give the viewer an experience like a virtual showing.
- End the video with an overall shot of the best part of the home, to have a great closing memory for your prospective tenants.
- When editing the video iMovie is a great resource that comes with an iPhone, you can also use it on your lab top.
- Make sure to have smooth transitions between videos and a nice title screen to remind the viewers the property location.
- If the home is currently available you can add a closing screen directing them to apply on your website.
- Make sure the sound for the videos are off and add a nice song instead.
- Pick a soundtrack through iMovie to create an ambiance while they watch the video. Nothing too upbeat, too slow or distracting. There are lots of great options, take your time in choosing a soundtrack that matches the emotion you want the viewer to have while looking at what could be their new home!
- Once you are happy with your video you can add it to your YouTube platform and begin marketing!
- Prepare the house before photos/videos: All lights on and a clean slate.
- Use the 13mm lens while taking photos/videos.
- Angles, angles, angles!
- Edit, Edit, Edit! Brighten up your photos/videos and make it attractive to viewers!
- Watch the video completely before posting!
- Have fun with your new marketing photos and videos!