Time to find a place to rent near San Diego State University. Not sure where to start? We can help you look for housing near SDSU with these tips and tricks:
What do you want/need?
- Drive around– determine which areas you want to live in.
- Will you have a car– Will you need public transportation? The college area is great if you don’t have a car. But, if you do have a car, it might be cheaper to go a little further out.
- How much you can afford? Don’t forget about utilities. Rent has been on the rise and doesn’t look to be slowing. It used to be cheaper to rent a house than live in the dorms. Today, you really need to consider the two and what each provides.
- Will you have roommates? Choose them wisely, this decision can lead to great fun or tons of stress and potential financial responsibility.
- What type of housing do you want? Dorms, Apartment community or house? Pros and cons to both. Large apartment communities will have more available, more amenities and maybe move in specials. But, they also can be very cookie cutter, loud, and rent raises are based on an algorithm. A property manager of a house or condo may be a little pricier and less amenities. But, you will know who to call in an Emergency, your home is likely more unique and less hotel like.
How to search?
- Utilize on campus resources to help your search.
- Look up Property Management Companies nearby. Calling a property management company might result in a off market property. In this current market it pays to know someone. So making friends with the leasing agent is key.
- Search: We recommend Zillow or Apartments.com. Avoid craigslist!
- Social Media: there are many San Diego Roommate or Rental pages. Plus property management ones like ours @rentingsandiego that can provide info!
With our close proximity FBS is the College Area Property Management Company of choice.
FBS Property Management, AMO is an award-winning management company celebrating 50 years of continuous property management operations throughout San Diego County. Our unique market niche was designed for thoughtful and strategic independent real estate owners.
As committed housing providers, we take great pride in helping residents find their next home!